Sunday, September 7, 2008

My first week of college

Im finally considered a college student. Ive been really excited to start school all summer at UMD because I was really ready to be done with the whole high school situation. And last Wednesday was my first official day, and my longest school day of the week. I can't complain because i did get out at 12:45. That is my schedule for Monday's and Wednesday's, and on Tuesday's and Thursday's i have one class that ends at 11:10. And best of all my Friday's consist of one class at 8:00 A.M. It was very important to me to get all my classes over with as soon as i could because I wanted to have the rest of the day off after class to do whatever I needed to do. So far i'm completely loving college life. I look forward to participating in different school activities and clubs. Most of all I'm excited to pledge my brother's fraternity. I've come to know most of the guys over the last few years, and I think it would be a great benefit to me to join and make new connections and friends of my own. I fully believe that half the fun of college is meeting new people, and I've already met some friends that I'm glad I've come into contact with already. That's basically a small synopsis of what I think of college so far, so I'm gonna end this blog with an explanation of my blog's title, "In the Crease." I thought about what my blog should be titled, and I figured I would have to think of something that was personally connected to me. So I decided to go with something that pertained to my favorite activity, which is hockey. In hockey, the crease is the area of ice in front of the net, which is where the goalie is. I knew that this blog would be a way for me to share my feelings and thoughts to everyone, on any kind of topic, so It's sort of my crease, or my own little area that I'm inviting everyone to be a part of. That's my blog for today, so I hope everyone is enjoying college so far and everything connected to it.

1 comment:

kristi said...

Good blog so far. I really like your title, and I am glad that you made it connect to you in a personal way. Forging this kind of connection will help you to create meaningful, authentic writing.
-k