Sunday, September 14, 2008
The SRB Fair
Well this weekend was the parish festival at my old grade school, St. Robert Bellarmine. And every year, around the middle of September, the festival comes around and it's usually a fun time...This weekend in September is usually the only time in the year that I can meet up with all my friends I went to grade school with and hang out with them. But not so much this year...The festival lasts for three days, and i'm usually there for most of it because I only live a block away, and I have a friend that's close by that always goes with me. Well Friday night we head up there expecting to run into the kids we went to school with so long ago, and there were maybe thirty total people there. And I figured most people would be there on Friday because it was going to be the nicest day of the weekend. But I was wrong. So Saturday we go there again, meet a few old friends, then get caught in the ridiculous rain that never stopped throughout the entire day. It was absolutely the most boring day I may have ever witnessed. So we decided we would just leave and head to the mall, go to dinner, really just do anything that involved being inside and having some fun atleast..The day wasn't totally shot. Well anyway, to make a long story short, I didn't meet up with barely any old friends, and I experienced the worst possible weekend to hold a festival. But there is always today, and as soon as I finish this post I'll be heading back to see what's going on, if anything at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's happened to me a few times where my friends didn't show up. It sucks so bad because then you feel like what was the point of even coming, and it was a waste of your day. Well, I hope that you ended up finding them. See ya around.
Post a Comment