Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day

Yesterday was a very exciting and dissapointing day for me. This was my first election and it meant a lot to me to be involved in such an immense election year. It began like any other day and seemed to be going well. I had been fighting with many friends for so long now about this election and it was all starting to get very repetitive. Of course, I'm a McCain supporter, so I've been up against a lot of people. I couldn't wait to go home and vote. Once I was done with classes, I went to work with my dad for awhile, and he said he waited about an hour and a half to vote. The same was with my brother, uncles, and grandparents. So I expected to be in line for quite awhile before I could cast my vote. I waited at home for my sister and mom and as soon as they were both home, we went to the polls. We actually waited for about ten minutes before we voted. There was really no one there, so we were extremely lucky to get there at the perfect time. After we voted we had to go home and get ready for some family to come over. It was my mom's birthday, so we had a small get together for her. With my family there, we watched the election coverage all night and we couldn't belive what was happenening. I really never expected the election to go this way. So I was extremely upset after learning McCain had lost, and I really didn't care to watch the rest of the coverage after that. Hopefully we get it right in 2012.

No comments: